Happy Friday MG Community,
We’ve successfully finished another great week. It’s been a great transition back into classes. We have a few notes, reminders, and opportunities listed below. Please take a moment to review them. Reach out with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Mr. Schutz & Ms. Rutz
MG open house
- Wednesday, Sep 20, 7-9 pm
Drop-in with the Principal(s)
- September 13th, 7:30-8:15 m in the Café
- Bimonthly opportunity to say hello, ask questions, etc.
Picture Day is Monday, Sep 11, 2023
- The School Council is an advisory body to the school principal comprised of teachers, parents/caregivers, community members, students, and the principal. The School Council is responsible for developing the annual School Improvement Plan and also weighs in on the school handbook, school budget, and a wide range of issues that arise. The School Council currently has an opening for three parent/caregiver representatives to serve a 3-year term; parents from any grade 7-12 and any town may be considered, and middle school parents are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates must commit to monthly meetings held on TBD, have a strong desire to serve in this capacity and be aligned with the school's mission.
- Current Members:
- Two - Teachers to be selected by the faculty (Joe Johnson & Luke Polidoro)
- Three – Parents/caregivers to be elected by the family body (vote needed for 3 slots)
- One – Principal (Jacob Schutz)
- Two - Community members, one from Williamstown and one from Lanesboro without children at the school, are to be appointed by the Council (Bilal Ansari) (one seat available)
- Three - Students to be elected by the student body (from grades 9-12). (Amelia Madrigal, Ceci Malone, Celina Savage)
Parents4Greylock - Events & meetings - be involved/be informed
Oscar Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest -
- Why - This is a fundraiser for The Trevor Project, whose aim is to support LGBTQ+ youth to decrease the amount of suicide.
- How - Here is the link to purchase tickets/donate, and a poster for the event is attached.
- When - September 8th at 7 pm
Climate Change Rally - A coalition of local groups is planning a climate action standout and march to end the use of fossil fuels. It’s scheduled for September 20th, 5-6 pm, starting with remarks at the First Congregational Church and marching to Field Park.
Friends of the Arts - For seniors in the arts (dance, band, visual arts, theater, chorus, etc.), it is time to submit your fabulous picture and bio for the annual arts program put together by the Friends of the Arts. The submission deadline is September 15th. Take advantage of your chance to shine! You can submit your short blurb and picture on this form: https://forms.gle/jtchjYgYFDCcXJHP6. If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com.
Please join the Friends of the Arts for our first meeting of the year on September 12th at 5:30 pm at this Zoom link: https://nyu.zoom.us/j/7618769007. We encourage new parent/ caregiver participation! All are welcome.