Mount Greylock Regional School District Policy Regarding School Choice:
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 School Year
Applications should be mailed to: Superintendent’s Office, 1781 Cold Spring Road, Williamstown MA 01267 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The June Lottery has been completed and families were notified by mail.
The deadline to be entered into the Second Lottery is August 17, 2022.
It is the policy of this School District to admit non-resident students under the terms and conditions of the Interdistrict School Choice Law and under the following local conditions:
1. That by May 1 of every school year, the administration will determine the number of spaces in each school available to choice students.
2. That by June 1 of every school year, if consideration is being given to withdraw from the provisions of the choice law, a public meeting will be held to review this decision.
3. That resident students be given priority placement in any classes or programs within the District.
4. That the selection of non-resident students for admission be in the form of a random drawing when the number of requests exceeds the number of available spaces. There will be two drawings for this purpose. The first will take place during the last week of the current school year but no later than July 1st. The second will be conducted during the week immediately preceding the opening of the next school year and will be based on the possibility of unexpected additional openings.
5. Any student who is accepted for admission under the provisions of this policy is entitled to remain in the District until graduation from high school except if there is a lack of funding of the program.
6. The School Committee affirms its position that it shall not discriminate in the admission of any child on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, homelessness, sexual orientation, ancestry, athletic performance, physical handicap, special need, academic performance or proficiency in the English language.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to contact the Superintendent’s central office at 458-9582, ext 4000.
**Please note that students selected to participate in School Choice are not provided transportation by the District.**