From the School Council Bylaws:
According to the Massachusetts Education Reform Act, the School Council will have the following responsibilities:
- Adopting educational goals for the school that are consistent with local educational policies and statewide student performance standards.
- Identifying the educational needs of students attending the school.
- Reviewing the annual school budget.
- Formulating a school improvement plan
The School Council will serve as an umbrella organization to help oversee the process beingfollow3ed by various committees acting on behalf of the school. In order to accomplish the above tasks, it is necessary to consider granting authority to the Council to appoint committees and determine membership on them.
The School Council can help to broaden the base of community and staff participation in the management and decision making processes of the school. In the spirit of the law, it is envisioned that this Council will share in decisions as a means of creating genuinely collaborative partnerships between the school and the communities it serves.
- Christopher Barnes
- David Parks
- Dawn Schoorlemmer
- Drew Gibson
- Edward Gebara
- Jack Kurty
- Kathleen Igoe
- Marjorie Keeley
- Miranda Park
- Molly Magavern
- Raymond Caleb
(all meeting are at 4pm in the Bruce R. Carlson Library)
- Tuesday, October 9, 2012
- Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (Cancelled)
- Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- 10/28/08 Letter to School Committee regarding need to implement a schedule that addresses the School Improvement Plan goal